Unless otherwise noted, all virtual NRHI events are hosted in Eastern Standard time.
Date(s) - 10/04/2018
7:30 am - 3:45 pm
NRHI’s Annual National Affordability Summit
Register to attend in person | Can’t make it to D.C.? Join us via live stream (tickets available through October 3, 2018)
If you still would like to attend in person, please contact .
Everyday we hear about the impact that rising healthcare costs have on the nation, communities, and individuals. For example, a recent survey indicated that 44% of Americans didn’t see a physician last year when they were sick or injured due to high healthcare costs. NRHI’s first National Affordability Summit explored the question of why healthcare costs so much and what we can do about it. This event will dig deeper – exploring how three key issues − health, price, & waste − influence the affordability of healthcare. We will highlight regional success stories from those who are working to impact affordability in their markets.
When: October 4, 2018
Where: Washington, D.C.
Hotel block information available upon receipt of registration confirmation. Closest airports include Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport
Positive Disruption through Regional Multi-Stakeholder Solutions
October 3, 2018 – The Grand Hyatt Washington, D.C.
6-8pm – Networking Reception & Welcome
October 4, 2018 – Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
7:30 am – Networking Breakfast
8:30 am – Welcome – Karen Wolk Feinstein, PhD, President & CEO, Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative
8:35 am – Tackling Healthcare Costs- Presenting Facts and Making Policy Changes for Greater Impact – Stuart Altman, PhD, Sol C. Chaikin Professor of National Health Policy at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University
9:15 am – The Path to Affordable Healthcare – Mylia Christensen, COO, HealthInsight Programs, NRHI Affordability Chair
9:45 am – Break
10:00 am – Disrupting the Market through Collaboration – multi-stakeholder discussion about collaborative solutions to healthcare affordability
- Marilyn Bartlett, Special Projects Coordinator, State of MT Commissioner of Securities and Insurance
- Joshua Rosenthal, PhD, Co-Founder, CSO Rowdmap
- Jill Zorn, Senior Policy Officer, Universal Healthcare Foundation of CT
- Mylia Christensen, COO, HealthInsight Programs, NRHI Affordability Chair (Moderator)
11:00 am – Stakeholder Engagement- Panelist/Audience Table Discussions –Small group discussion with individual panelists
12:00 pm – Lunch Buffet & Networking
12:45 – 2:45 pm – Regional Solutions – Health, Price, Waste –Presenter followed by audience Q & A
- 12:45 pm – Patient Centered Health: What Does It Take? –Dr. Richard Shonk, Chief Medical Officer, The Health Collaborative
- 1:15 pm – Leveraging Price Transparency for Action –
- 1:45 pm – Using Lean to Reduce Waste and Improve Maternal Outcomes – Karen Wolk Feinstein, PhD, President & CEO, Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative
- 2:15 pm – Break – Connect with presenters
2:45pm – Problem Solving Together: Identifying What is Most Pressing
3:30 pm – Closing Remarks – Marc Bennett, President & CEO, HealthInsight, NRHI Board Chair
3:45 pm – Adjourn
This event is made possible through funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Agenda subject to change