We offer our members a range of benefits including:
- Ongoing engagement with other healthcare leaders
- Opportunities to network, learn from peers, and connect with national policymakers and thought leaders
- Learning industry best practices and cutting-edge innovations
- Being part of a group that is working to transform healthcare in the U.S.
Membership in the Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement (NRHI) is open to organizations that meet the criteria set forth in NRHI’s By-laws.
There is (1) category of full membership and (1) category of affiliate membership (collectively, the “Members”):
- Full Members
- Affiliate Members
New categories of members or partners may be added as determined by the Board of Directors.
a. Full Members
To qualify as a Full Member of NRHI, an organization must meet the following requirements:
- The organization must be a Regional Health Improvement Collaborative defined as:
- A non-profit organization;
- Which is working to improve healthcare quality and value through an active program of quality measurement and public reporting or an active program of quality improvement, or both;
- In a specific geographic region of the country (typically either a metropolitan region or state);
- Through a collaborative effort of healthcare providers and other stakeholders: and
The organization must have representation from four types of stakeholders on its governing board:
- Healthcare providers (hospitals, physician groups, physicians, home health agencies, nursing homes, clinics, etc.)
- Healthcare purchasers (employers who purchase health insurance for their employees, state Medicaid agencies that contract with health plans for care, etc.
- Healthcare payers (private health insurance plans, state Medicaid agencies that directly pay for care, etc.); and
- Healthcare consumers or consumer organizations
A Full Member shall contribute annual dues established by the NRHI Board of Directors and shall have the rights and benefits of a Full Member.
b. Affiliate Members
An organization that does not meet the criteria for Full Members, but meets the criteria set forth below, may join NRHI as an affiliate member.
Affiliate members must:
- Be committed to improving health and health care in the US through multi stakeholder collaboration.
- Be a national/regional/state partner (national, local or state data vendors, philanthropies, employers, industry or trade association, local or state/federal governments); and
An affiliate member shall contribute annual dues established by the NRHI Board of Directors at the state/regional affiliated level and shall have rights and benefits of a state/regional affiliated partner. An organization’s term shall be one (1) year and may be renewed upon approval by the Board of Directors.
NRHI offers an organizational umbrella under which our members and partners can:
- Connect with peers and share best practices
- Work and align with federal and national policy makers in members-only forums and work groups
- Receive technical assistance and support
- Stay abreast of national policy developments
- Participate in innovative projects across regions to reduce healthcare costs, improve quality and achieve better population health
- Leverage individual strengths in a broader network for greater effectiveness and national impact
View all membership benefits
Our Application Process
All applications are reviewed by our Board of Directors, with decisions based on each applicant’s specific qualifications.