HealthDoers Network is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- Data we gather
- How we use your Personal Data
- The sources from which we obtain your Personal Data
- Who else can access your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Personal Data about other people which you provide to us
- International transfers of Personal Data
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – HealthDoers Network
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose of reporting the general makeup and size of our network. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to the length of time you remain a member of one of our sites. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
You have the following rights with respect to our Processing of your Personal Data:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being Processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is Processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict Processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to Processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data by contacting .
– Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, user name, billing address, home address, phone numbers, etc. – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a service or to enhance your experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address. You also may post information to be published or displayed on our website.
– Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, login data, your browsing history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
– Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
We do not collect any information about criminal convictions or offenses.
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with information at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate interest grounds, entering into a contract with you or fulfilling contractual obligations we owe you and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract with you or fulfilling contractual obligations we owe you, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate with you either for sharing of information or to notify you of changes to any services;
For our legitimate interest in the provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to prevent misuse of our website;
- to keep our website updated and relevant;
For our legitimate interest in the provision of services to our users:
- to administer and analyze our client base (history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of services provided;
For our legitimate interests in protecting our business:
For our legitimate interest in studying how users use our services, to develop our products and services and ensure our marketing is relevant to you, and to grow our business:
- to study how users use our products/services;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning member satisfaction;
- to develop our products and services;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you services that are similar or same to your history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and other communications (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligations rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 3 years.
We might Process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
In addition, we may lawfully Process Special Categories of Data in certain ways. As a non-profit working to transform healthcare delivery, payment and information systems, information that you may post on our private forums may be considered political opinions under privacy law. We may use our knowledge of your political opinions in the course of our legitimate activities with appropriate safeguards on the condition that our Processing relates solely to the members or to former members of the HealthDoers network. We will not share your political opinions outside of that group without your consent.
Please note even if you withdraw consent for us to use your Personal Data for a particular purpose, we may continue to rely on other bases to process your Personal Data for other purposes.
We obtain your Personal Data from the following sources:
Directly from you via our website. This could include personal data which you provide when you:
- place an order for our products or services;
- post on our website
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our publications;
- request information on our products or services or for other marketing to be sent to you; and
- complete a survey from us or give us feedback.
Our trusted partners. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available sources.
Automated technologies, such as cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may automatically collect Information Technology Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Information Technology Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our Processing partners:
- Highrise, Intercom, Segment, Clicky, Sendgrid, MailChimp, My Emma, Auth0, Zoom, Zapier, WPEngine. WordPress developers: Hard G, Dimension Media
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems and sites for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and have installed security plugins to help protect the sites.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not knowingly collect information from children. Our website is not intended for children and we do not target children with our services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
Personal Data we collect from you will be transferred, stored and/or processed outside the European Economic Area, specifically in the United States. In connection with such transfers, the relevant safeguard in place is the Privacy Shield for transfers to the US.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to .
If you need to contact us in connection with: our use or Processing of your personal data, gaining access to or correcting it, to opt out at any time from receiving marketing correspondence from us or to alter your marketing preferences, please contact .
Phone: +353 57 868 4800
Last modification was made [8/23/18].