(December, 2010) The Albuquerque Coalition for Healthcare Quality released “Medical Group Snapshot,” a public report on medical group performance. The report is based on claims data from Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico, Lovelace Health Plan, Molina Health Care of New Mexico, and Presbyterian Health Plan for First Choice Community Health, Presbyterian Medical Group, and University of New Mexico Medical Group. Participation in the public report is voluntary for both health plans and medical groups. The reports covers information for the 2009 calendar year and provides information on the following process measures:
- Blood sugar (A1C) testing for diabetic patients;
- Cholesterol (LDL) testing for diabetic patients;
- Cholesterol (LDL) testing for cardiac patients;
- Breast Cancer Screening for women;
- Cervical Cancer Screening for women; and
- Appropriate use of asthma medications for patients between 5-17 years old, 18-56 years old, and 5-56 years old.