We offer our members a range of benefits including:
- Join a collective conversation with healthcare leaders. We offer many opportunities to network, learn from peers, connect with national policymakers and thought leaders
- Learn industry best practices and cutting-edge innovations
- Be part of a group that is working to transform healthcare in the US.
We draw our strength and purpose from the members we serve. While our membership currently includes more than 20 Regional Health Improvement Collaboratives throughout the United States, our success is dependent on continued growth and the fresh ideas and contributions our new and existing members bring to our work.
While growth is vital to our objectives, our commitment to quality and consistency is even more important. Our membership criteria, as established by our Board of Directors, limits membership to true Regional Health Improvement Collaboratives that are:
- Non-profit organizations working to improve healthcare quality and value through an active program of quality measurement and public reporting, or an active program of quality improvement, or both
- Located in a specific geographic region of the country (typically either a metropolitan region or state)
- Working through the collaborative efforts of the four primary types of healthcare stakeholders
- Healthcare providers, i.e., hospitals, physician groups, physicians, home health agencies, nursing homes, clinics, etc.
- Healthcare payers, i.e., health insurance plans, public programs such as Medicaid, and employer groups that directly contract with providers
- Healthcare purchasers, i.e., employers who purchase health insurance for their employees
- Healthcare consumers or consumer organizations
To become a member of NRHI, a Collaborative must meet all of the above criteria, and have representation from all four types of stakeholders on its governing board.
Our membership is offered at two levels:
- Full Membership: at this level, members serve on the NRHI Board of Directors, where they work to establish and maintain our policies and priorities and have full access to all member activities.
The costs are divided into 3 tiers.
- Tier 1: Organizations with revenue up to $1.75 million = dues are $4,000 paid annually
- Tier 2: Organizations with revenue from $1.75 million – $5 million = dues are $8,000 paid annually
- Tier 3: Organizations with revenue over $5 million = dues are $11,000 paid annually
- Associate Membership: developed for new and small Regional Health Improvement Collaboratives, Associate Membership permits participation in NRHI’s webinars and discussion forums.
Associated member dues are $2,500 paid annually.
|Benefit||Associate Member||Full Member|
|Your organization highlighted on NRHI website||Yes||Yes|
|Your organization highlighted in NRHI monthly newsletter||Yes||Yes|
|Receive directory of NRHI members and staff with expectation of membership and use policies||Yes||Yes|
|Invite to NRHI annual meeting||Yes||Yes|
|Invite to NRHI board meetings||No||Yes|
|Receive NRHI monthly newsletter||Yes||Yes|
|Receive NRHI board letter||No||Yes|
|Sponsorship Ad in NRHI monthly newsletter||Yes||Yes|
|Discount on NRHI-sponsored events||No||Yes|
|NRHI technical assistance||Yes, Discount||Yes, Three per year|
|Subscription or discounted subscription to an industry journal||No||Yes|
|Discounted rate for job postings on NRHI’s LinkedIn Site||Yes||Yes|
|Events posted on the NRHI site||Yes||Yes|
|Enhanced networking opportunities||Yes||Yes|
|Complimentary signage at meetings, roadshows and forums||No||Yes|
|Invite to NRHI webinars||Yes||Yes|
|Invite to NRHI Member webinars||Yes||Yes|
|Invite to NRHI forums (i.e., QEC)||Yes||Yes|
|Invite to NRHI roadshows||Yes||Yes|
|Invite to NRHI national summit||Yes||Yes|
|Receive notice of grant/funding opportunities||Yes||Yes|
|Access to NRHI member portal||Yes||Yes|
|Opportunity to participate in committees and task forces||Yes||Yes|
|Invite to dinner before NRHI annual meetings and forums||Yes||Yes|
|Presentation opportunities at NRHI webinars, forums, roadshows and National Summits||Yes||Yes|
|Submit presentation for an NRHI panel||Yes||Yes|
|Opportunity to submit information to NRHI newsletter||Yes||Yes|
|Eligible to chair a committee or task force||No||Yes|
|Eligible for nomination to represent RHICs/NRHI in national forums||Yes||Yes|
|Eligible to participate in NRHI multi-region projects||No||Yes|
|Eligible to serve on the NRHI Board of Directors/NRHI Executive Committee||No||Yes|
|Establish policies and priorities for the organization||No||Yes|
|Special invitation to events with Collaborative leaders and other VIP members||No||Yes|
|Shared Services: Media/Social Media Monitoring (Discounted)||Yes||Yes|
|Shared Services: Press Releases over the Wire (Discounted)||Yes||Yes|
|Shared Services: Data/analytics (Fee for Service)||Yes||Yes|
|Shared Services: Finance/Operations/HR (Fee for Service)||Yes||Yes|
|Shared Services: Governance (Fee for Service)||Yes||Yes|
|Shared Services: Communications/Marketing Strategy (Fee for Service)||Yes||Yes|
|CEO Member Updates by Topic||No||Yes|
|Best practice operational document sharing and development (policies, by-laws, finance)||Yes||Yes|
Our Application Process
Membership applications are reviewed by our Board of Directors, with decisions based on each applicant’s specific qualifications. Organizations designated as Chartered Value Exchanges by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, or as lead organizations in Aligning Forces for Quality Communities by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation are automatically qualified for Full or Associate membership.
To request information about joining NRHI, please contact Elizabeth Mitchell at , call (207) 747-5104 or complete the information below and we will contact you.